Dollar Tree had a lot of great ornaments and craft materials to choose from. Of course where I live the Dollar Tree is the largest I’ve ever been too. I love it! So when I saw these two colors of ribbons I knew right away what I wanted to make with them . . . a huge gryffindor scarf for my Harry Potter themed Christmas tree!
Gryffindor Tree Ribbon: for a 5-6 foot tall Christmas tree
- 3 spools of 9 foot wire edged ribbon- deep red/cranberry
- 2 spools of 9 foot mesh ribbon (no wire)- gold
- glue gun and glue sticks
- Let your glue gun heat up.
- Cut the gold ribbon into about 1.5 inch pieces (for a tree over 5 feet tall you’ll need at least two spools).
- Make a rectangle of hot glue (about 1.5 inches) at the end of your red ribbon and glue a piece of gold ribbon to the rectangle, being sure the edges of the gold ribbon match up with the edges of the red ribbon.
- Make another glue rectangle about 1.5 inches further down the ribbon and attach another gold rectangle of ribbon. Repeat this process until you come to the end of the red ribbon and then glue the end of another red ribbon to your first, using the gold ribbon piece to cover up where the two attach.
- I used four 9 foot red ribbons and about 2.5 gold ribbons for our wide 5 foot tree but for a skinnier tree you wouldn’t need as much ribbon.